This test requires an empty Moodle course in topics or weekly format with a teacher and student enrolled. News items should have been set to 0 and the default news forum deleted.
- Log in as a teacher and go to Administration>Course administration>Edit settings.
- Scroll down and expand Course format, and from Format select 'single activity format'.
- When the page refreshes, choose 'Assignment' for the type of activity.
- Save the changes.
- Give a name and description (eg 'test') to the assignment which next appears, and click Save and display.
- Log out and log in as a student and click on the course name. Verify you are taken straight to the assignment.
- Log out and log back in as the teacher and click on the course name.
- Verify you are taken straight to the assignment.
- Repeat steps 1 - 8 for a different activity, such as forum.
- Finally, go to Administration>Course administration>Edit settings>Course Format and from Format select "topic format". Click "Save and display"
- Verify the course now displays as topics format (with the single activity in one section.)