Type: Functional Test
Affects Version/s: Original - DO NOT REPORT TEST RESULTS HERE
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Roles / Access
This test requires admin access. If you would like to use the QA testing site for running it, please see the QA testing guide for details of how to request admin access. Begin just after the hourly reset to give yourself plenty of time to complete the test!
- Log in as an admin and go to Administration > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles.
- Click the 'Add a new role' button, leave "Use role or archetype' set as 'No role' and click the continue button
- Give the new role a short name, full name, context types where it may be assigned, and allow various permissions, then click the 'Create this role' button.
- Check that the new role has been created correctly.
- Try editing the role and check that the changes are saved correctly.
- Click the export button for the role and save the XML file locally.
- Click the 'List all roles' button, then delete the role which you just created.
- Click the 'Add a new role' button then for 'Use role preset' choose and upload the XML file saved previously.
- Click the continue button and the 'Create this role' button.
- Check that the new role has been created exactly as before.