For this test you will need a course containing at least 1 student and at least 2 grade items. This test involves repeating to test exporting all, none and some grade items. It also involves repetition to check the various grade export formats Moodle supports.
Before testing the XML export, make sure the student(s) and activities have an ID number set. You can set one by editing the user's profile and the activity settings. The do not affect the other export formats but are required for XML export.
1. As a teacher go to the gradebook within a course.
2. From the gradebook navigation choose Export - Excel spreadsheet.
3. On the next screen all grade items should be selected. Click Submit.
4. The preview will be displayed and will contain the student's details and all grade items.
5. Click Download and check that the downloaded data matches the preview.
6. Click on "Excel spreadsheet" in the navigation breadcrumb. Click "select all/none" to deselect all grade items.
7. Continue through the export process ensuring that the preview and downloaded data only consist of the student's details.
8. Click on "Excel spreadsheet" in the navigation breadcrumb. Select one or more grade items (but not all of them).
9. Continue through the export process ensuring that the preview and downloaded data only consist of the student's details and the selected grade item(s).
Repeat the above for Export - Plain text file, XML and Open Document spreadsheet.