Note (1) This test requires a user to have an account on openbadges.org. The user must have an account on the Moodle site too.
Note (2) Badges must be enabled in Administration>Site administration>Advanced features with the connection to external backpacks enabled in Administration>Site administration>Badges>Badges settings.
Note (3) This test will not work on a local host Moodle; it must be online.
1. As administrator, visit Administration>Site administration>Badges>Add a new badge.
2. Add a new badge, setting the criteria as manually awarded by a teacher and enabling it.
3. Click the Award button; switch to teacher role and award the badge to the student.
4. Log in as the student and visit Navigation>My profile>My badges
5.Verify that your badge is displayed and click on the badge.
6. Click the button "Add to backpack"
7.Verify you are prompted to log in to openbadges.org (if not already logged in) Log in
8.Click "yes" to accept the badge.
9.Go to http://backpack.openbadges.org/ and verify your Moodle badge displays there.