This test requires the TinyMCE HTML editor and 'Display emoticons as images' filter to be enabled at site level.
- Login as a teacher, edit your profile and set the TinyMCE HTML editor as your text editor.
- Turn editing on in a course and edit a section summary.
- Insert an emoticon using the button in the TinyMCE HTML editor.
- Save changes and check that the emoticon is displayed correctly on the course page.
- Edit an activity and insert an emoticon into the activity summary.
- Save and display and check that the emoticon is displayed correctly on the activity page.
- Turn the 'Display emoticons as images' filter off for the activity.
- Check that the emoticon is no longer displayed and instead it has been replaced with symbols.