This test requires a course in topics format with three sections.
1. As a teacher, add a URL resource to topic 1, a Page resource to topic 2 and a file resource to topic 3. (The resource types are not significant; they are just quick to create for the purpose of adding content)
2. Go to Administration>Course administration>Edit settings and change the course layout to "show one section per page". Save the changes.
3. Verify that on the course page you see all the topic titles with the number of resources and activities at the bottom right of each section, in grey. (See http://docs.moodle.org/en/Course_settings#Course_layout)
4. Click on the title of topic 2 and verify you only see this topic, but can navigate left to topic 1 and right to topic 3.
5. Go back to Administration>Course administration>Edit settings and change the topics format to Weekly format. Save the changes.
6. As before, verify that the course page shows the weeks with the number of resources in grey.
7. Click on the second week and verify you can only see this week, but can navigate left to week 1 and right to week 3.
8. Go back to Administration>Course administration>Edit settings and change the course layout to "show all sections per page"
9. Verify that all three sections are now displayed in their entirety on the course page.