This test requires a site which allows add-ons to be installed from within the site. (The QA testing site cannot be used for this test, since add-on installation is disabled.)
- Login as an admin and go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Install add-ons.
- Click the button 'Install add-ons from Moodle plugins directory'.
- Choose a plugin with an Install button, such as https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_checklist, click the Install button then click Continue.
- Check that you obtain a 'Validation passed!' message, then click the button 'Install add-on'.
- Check that the add-on is installed successfully and appears in the list Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview.