This test requires
- a question category X containing 4 or more questions,
- a category Y containing 2 or more questions, and
- during the test you will create a third category called Z.
1. Login as a teacher and add a quiz activity. Make sure "Question order" is "As shown on the edit screen".
2. Go to the "Edit quiz" page.
3.Click "Add>from question bank"
4.. Select Category X in the "Select a category:" drop opwn Click the button "Add selected questions to the quiz" to add one question to the quiz (non-randomly).
5. Now click "Add>a random question" and from the section "Random question from an existing category" select category Y and add 2 random questions to the quiz.
6. Click "Add> a random question" and the "Random question using a new category" section to create a new Category Z with parent "Top".
7. Click the link "See questions" to navigate to the Z category and verify the category is empty. Create one new question in category Z.
8. Click the "See questions" link for one of the other random questions, and check that the question bank display switches to that other category.
9. Preview the quiz a few times. Check that
- the non-random question is always the same;
- the random questions for Category X are random, but do not duplicate the non-random question;
- the random question for Category Y is random; and
- the random question from the category Z is always the same. (We are testing that having only just enough questions in the category does not cause an error.)