This test requires a site which allows plugins to be installed from within the site. (The QA testing site cannot be used for this test, since plugin installation is disabled.)
- Go to the Moodle plugins directory https://moodle.org/plugins and choose a plugin with a Download button, such as https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_checklist, and download the ZIP file
- Login to your Moodle site as an admin and go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Install plugins
- Upload the ZIP file, select the appropriate plugin type, tick the acknowledgement checkbox, then click the button 'Install plugin from the ZIP file'.
- Check that you obtain a 'Validation passed!' message, then click the button 'Install plugin'.
- Check that the plugin is installed successfully and appears in the list Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview
- Try uninstalling the newly installed plugin by clicking the Uninstall link opposite the plugin
- Use a file manager to remove/delete the actual plugin directory as instructed
- Check that the plugin is no longer listed on Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview.