NOTE: This test requires a course with editing teacher access .
1) As a teacher, navigate to Course administration>Edit settings and select Topics format with 4 sections.
2) Turn on the editing and rename the topic sections A B C and D.
3) Add at least one activity or file to each section.
4) Click the X of section D ( and verify you are asked if you want to delete the section.
5) Check that the message is appropriate and the buttons are labeled 'Continue' and 'Cancel'.
6) Delete the section.
7) Click the + icon to add another section to your course and verify it now says Topic 4 and is empty of all content.
8) Click the X of section B and verify you are asked if you want to delete the section. Delete the section.
9) Verify you now have sections A and C with content, and an empty section now called Topic 3.
10) Navigate to Course administration>Edit settings and select Weekly format with 4 sections.
11) Repeat the test using the default section settings (ie weeks), verifying the dates adjust appropriately. when sections are deleted.