This test requires the MathJax filter to be enabled by an admin.
- Log in as a student, go to a course and access any activity requiring text input, such as a forum reply or an online text assignment submission.
- In the text editor, click the 'Show more buttons' button then click the 'Equation editor' button.
- Try entering an equation and check that the equation preview shows it correctly.
- Click the 'Save equation' button.
- Click the 'Save changes' button and check that the equation is displayed correctly.
- Go to http://www.mathjax.org/demos/tex-samples/, choose an equation then right click and select Show Math As TeX Commands.
- Copy the TeX commands then repeat steps 1 to 5, pasting the TeX commands into the equation editor and checking that the equation is displayed correctly.