Note that this test is easier to perform with two browsers ie Firefox and Google Chrome.
1. Login as a teacher and view a database activity containing several entries.
2. View the list of entries. Use the sort by controls at the bottom of the list to change the sort order.
3. Go to the Fields tab and change the default sort order.
4. Return to the list view and verify that your manually specified sort order has not been overruled by the new default sort order.
5. Open your second browser or, if using a single browser, shut all of your browser windows including those not being used for Moodle.
6. Log in again and view the list of database entries.
7. Verify that the new default sort order has now taken effect.