This test requires a Jabber and Mobile server to be configured for the site. An email, jabber and mobile account which can be checked are also required.
- Login as student1
- Click on Toggle notifications menu in the header and then click on cog icon (Notification preferences)
- Select Web, Jabber, Mobile and Email for both online and offline for Assignment notifications and subscribed forum posts. If the jabber column is not displayed enter your Jabber ID (Jabber setting icon).
- Click on Toggle message menu in the header and then click on cog icon (Message preferences)
- Select Jabber, Mobile and Email for both online and offline for Personal messages between users.
- Subscribe to a forum.
- Submit an assignment.
- Login as student2 and send a message to student1.
- Post in the forum which student1 is subscribed to. Make the subject of the forum post very long i.e. more than 100 characters and include some UTF8 characters e.g. accents, €.
- Login as a teacher and grade student1's submitted assignment.
- For the student to receive notification, you need to first wait for the maximum editing time (usually 30 minutes but set to 5 minutes on http://qa.moodle.net/) to expire and then run the cron. (The wait is so that the teacher can edit the feedback without a notification being sent, similar to forum post editing and forum notifications.)
- Run the cron by browsing to yourmoodlesite.org/admin/cron.php e.g. http://qa.moodle.net/admin/cron.php.
- Check the student1's email for following:
- confirm submission of the assignment (caused by step 7)
- notification about the message sent by student2 (caused by step 8)
- notification about the new post in the forum (caused by step 9)
- notification about the grading (caused by step 10)
- Check that student1 received the assignment, forum and personal message notifications via jabber.
- Check that student1 received the assignment, forum and personal message notifications via mobile app
- Login as student1 and check you see 3 next to notification icon and 1 next to message icon in header.
- Click on Toggle notification menu icon and ensure you can see Assignment and forum notifications
- Click on Toggle message menu icon and ensure you see Message sent by student2