Type: New Feature
I've been browsing through the categories and noticed many spacing issues that MD has pointed out earlier as well to me.
its dawned on me that the entire look and feel, while browsing through 'moodle.org/plugins', can be improved much more.
i have drawn some parallels between 'app stores' and other online stores that are around. ofcourse we can't aim for 'selling' these plugins but the effectiveness of creating awareness for these plugins (and promoting that contribution) seem to be done particularly well in these stores.
- they seem to summarise well their categories.
- they do not overload on the 'Apps' information, they instead allow for ease of browsing. More info is always available a click away when viewing the actual plugin.
- there are tags/ratings etc. These allow for more relationships than simple categories and plugin names can cater to.
- searchable /sortable by relavant criteria
- use of well defined spaces, almost 3 - 4 icons sizes in width and an icon-ish high that aim to summarise all the info for a better 'shopping' experience.
- The area to browse for these extensions have a well defined name/brand. Perhaps we need a 'Moodle Plugin Store' some i've seen are (commonly prefixed with platform) :
- 'App store'
- 'Chrome Web store'
- 'Facebook App Center'