A lot of developers use github to distribute/develop their plugins. It will be great to see github completely integrated with our plugin repo.
- Plugin version should be parsed using $plugin->version in version.php
- Plugin compatibility with moodle should be parsed using $plugin->requires
- Keep copy of all versions of the plugin with their compatibility unless explicitly deleted by the developer
- Automatically build download zips from Github url
- Keep support for existing manual upload of zips
- Also a more strict format of readme should be recommended
I would be more than happy to provide more feedback if needed.
- has a non-specific relationship to
MDLSITE-4781 Way to automate or script plugin archives updates into Moodle plugin base
- will be (partly) resolved by
MDLSITE-3430 Make publishing a new version based on Github tag even easier