Details

    • Type: Task
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Component/s: download.moodle.org
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      With CVS being abandoned completely in January 2013, it's time to switch all the dependent stuff @ download.moodle.org to it. This involves:

      1) Create one packager that, given one commit/tag/branch is able to build the corresponding package using git as source.
      2) Switch from current nightly/daily executed scripts to better git hook based solution.
      3) Modify the generation of windows and windows_wpi packages from CVS to git.
      4) Modify the detection of available moodle versions in the updates API from CVS to git.
      5) Verify all the scripts @ download.moodle.org, switching any use from CVS to git.
      6) Cleanup unused scripts.
      7) Improve the sync with sourceforge.
      8) Improve the download/index.php page generation to dynamically change based on available/supported packages.
      9) Document how everything is done (scripts, cron, uses...) once implemented.
      10) Modify/adjust the minor & major releases Moodle Docs / mdlrelease process to define the git packaging system.

      That's all I can imagine for now. Subtasks will be created to keep the process clear.

      Ciao

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            dougiamas Martin Dougiamas added a comment -

            Hi! How close to 'done' is this?

            Show
            dougiamas Martin Dougiamas added a comment - Hi! How close to 'done' is this?
            Hide
            stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment -

            Well it's done, as far as the first 4-5 subtasks were the real ones doing the all the packages, windows, updates api... and they are working already.

            The rest of the tasks are:

            • cleanup (old code and processes) and organize (new code to git...)
            • try to automate the index.php to avoid having to hack it continuously.
            • the checksum thing (have to discuss about how and which ones)
            • documentation (need to know where)

            So I'd say it's 70% done, 30% pending. Ciao

            Show
            stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment - Well it's done, as far as the first 4-5 subtasks were the real ones doing the all the packages, windows, updates api... and they are working already. The rest of the tasks are: cleanup (old code and processes) and organize (new code to git...) try to automate the index.php to avoid having to hack it continuously. the checksum thing (have to discuss about how and which ones) documentation (need to know where) So I'd say it's 70% done, 30% pending. Ciao
            Hide
            tsala Helen Foster added a comment -

            Hi Eloy,

            Can this issue be resolved now, or is there more to be done?

            Show
            tsala Helen Foster added a comment - Hi Eloy, Can this issue be resolved now, or is there more to be done?
            Hide
            stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment -

            Hi Helen, I'd keep it open, especially because of subtask #9 that is something I really want to achieve. And surely now (together with the new theming, lang strings... aka the reboot) will be a very good moment.

            Basically because I've the META here in my TODO list and helps me that way.

            Show
            stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment - Hi Helen, I'd keep it open, especially because of subtask #9 that is something I really want to achieve. And surely now (together with the new theming, lang strings... aka the reboot) will be a very good moment. Basically because I've the META here in my TODO list and helps me that way.
            Hide
            stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment -

            I've moved the two pending subtasks of this to be independent tasks (And with MDLSITE-2784 already in production everything is clear enough to proceed with them):

            So I think this can finally be resolved (the move itself is working since 1.5y ago, so this seems to be a good timing for that).

            Thanks all, ciao

            Show
            stronk7 Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) added a comment - I've moved the two pending subtasks of this to be independent tasks (And with MDLSITE-2784 already in production everything is clear enough to proceed with them): MDLSITE-2084 : Send the windows and windows_wpi to some git repo. MDLSITE-2054 : Document the cron/packaging scripts. So I think this can finally be resolved (the move itself is working since 1.5y ago, so this seems to be a good timing for that). Thanks all, ciao

              People

              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                3 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:

                  Development