This is the expected process that should happen once this is complete.
steps 1 - 5 will be implemented here in this issue.
- Install button on top of page (uses preferred version if set, otherwise goes to download versions page?)
- Install links on every version in download page
- User preferences for Moodle site URLs. Allow multiple sites.
- Clicking install takes you to page listing existing sites. Can delete any there, or add a new one.
- Clicking on any site in the list sends you to (example URL) http://yoursite.com/admin/installplugin.php?plugin=xxxxx_xxxx&version=yyyyyyy
- Admin login is required before anything happens.
- This script initiates the download and installation, similar to upgrades.
- Consider backporting to 2.4? Including what it will look like to people on 2.4.0 which won’t support installing.