Right now it's possible to launch the pre-checker job remotely by invoking a special URL (details below). It would be cool, to add to "mdk" the ability of opening the browser with that URL and get prechecker results calculated and available there in seconds.
Note the same is achievable from the Tracker by using the "cime" label... but this alternative would help to perform more precheck iterations without spamming the tracker like crazy.
1) the development branch must be published and available into public clone.
2) the user must have some variables defined, some can be calculated automatically (from git environment), other will need to be created before using the utility.
- EMAIL (can be the git configured one).
- DEVREPO (can be the default upstream remote by default).
- DEVBRANCH (can be current development branch name by default).
- TARGETBRANCH (the official moodle branch where the DEVBRANCH will merged and checked. Can be calculated based on distance and or DEVBRANCH suffix).
- ISSUE (can be the MDL-XXXX regext of current branch name).
- CIBASEURL (must be set manually for now, once working and supported can be made public).
- TOKEN (must be set manually, we won't distribute it with mdk, for now).
3) The utility will be invoked with something like (just a suggestion). All parameters optional if current defaults can be calculated for them:
4) And it will do, simply:
- Verify all the needed information (7 variables) are set and available.
- Verify the DEVBRANCH is published and available (auto-publish if not?)
- Open a new window/tab in the browser with a URL like this (split into multiple lines for readability):
And bump, the developer will get his/her request processed and will be able to see results there. That's all.
For interim development credentials (CIBASEURL and TOKEN), ask jerome. He's aware of this and those.