There are number of pages in dev docs that are completely outdated for one of the reasons:
- they refer to API that no longer exist in supported versions
- they discuss [old] specification that was not implemented or was implemented differently
- they are just overall confusing and better docs exist
This is what we should do:
- Edit the page and remove the old info (or the whole text completely).
- Leave a message explaining why it was nuked, point to the new page and say the old text is available in the history.
- Remove from all categories
- Make sure no other page in dev docs links to it
- Optional: comment on this issue with the link to the removed page. This is only if you feel that there is a slight possibility that old text may be useful.
- Optional: link to this issue from the message from #2 above.