A user attempting to review the new analytics functionality reported this to me. Steps to reproduce:
login to qa.moodle.net as manager
click "Site administration" menu
click "Analytics models"
Next to "Students at risk of dropping out" click Actions and select Edit
Attempt to choose a "Time-splitting method," e.g. "Quarters accumulative"
Click "Save changes"
Invalid permissions detected when trying to create a directory. Turn debugging on for further details.
More information about this error
Debug info: /var/www/vhosts/qamaster.moodle.net/data/models/1/1507200257 can not be created, check permissions.
Error code: invaliddatarootpermissions
- line 1551 of /lib/setuplib.php: invalid_dataroot_permissions thrown
- line 1290 of /analytics/classes/model.php: call to make_writable_directory()
- line 1457 of /analytics/classes/model.php: call to core_analytics\model->get_output_dir()
- line 440 of /analytics/classes/model.php: call to core_analytics\model->clear()
- line 129 of /admin/tool/analytics/model.php: call to core_analytics\model->update()