Just proposed in iTeam chat:
What we should do is have an API user that we can use to do it, and create a quick on-demand CI job with a nice message.
I'm thinking that we:
- give the existing moodlebot user the rights to add a user to a group
- create a new CI job which:
- is only available to Integrators
- takes a tracker username
- takes an MDL issue number
The job should:
- promote the user to the jira-developers group
- assign the user in the MDL
- add a nice, warming, comment reminding them where the process docs, etc. are.