In the spirit of keeping accessibility in mind during the development process, in cases where a patch affects the user interface, peer reviewers should make sure to check the accessibility impact of the patch.
Some quick checks that can be included:
- Does it pass automated accessibility checks? (e.g. via axe or WAVE)
- Does it generate valid HTML? (e.g. checked via Nu HTML validator)
- Can you successfully navigate through the interface via keyboard?
- If you're using a screen reader (e.g. ChromeVox, NVDA, JAWS), are the UI components being properly announced?
This will also raise awareness about accessibility among the devs and help us all upskill in terms of web accessibility.
- Yes! (optional) See this comment for more details].