This issue has an overlap with
MDLSITE-5572, but I still create a separate issue as I do not see a browser-specific issue.
The AMOS translator in its current version lacks a "Mark as up-to-date" button just as admins have it in the Moodle language customization.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log into AMOS
- Pick an arbitrary plugin and language pack from which you know that an english string has changed recently but which does not need a translation update. This especially applies to typo fixes, grammar fixes or other minor language improvements while the translated string is already perfectly correct
- Check the 'missing and outdated strings only' option
- Click 'Search strings'
- In the right column, there is a "Mark as up-to-date" button which lets you mark a string as up-to-date
- When you submit the changes to the maintainer and when the maintainer approves the changes, the string is marked as up-to-date
- The next time you visit AMOS translator, this string is not listed in the 'missing and outdated strings only' filter anymore and is shown with a green background.
- In the right column, there isn't a "Mark as up-to-date" button
- I also don't see any other possibility to mark a string as up-to-date. I just can make a minor modification to the translation to turn the string to a blue background and then revert this change.
- When I submit such changes to the maintainer, this often does not have any effect.
- The next time I visit AMOS translator, this string is still listed in the 'missing and outdated strings only' filter and is shown with a yellow background.
With regard to
MDLSITE-5572, I do not see any browser-specific issue. The problem appears for me in Firefox and Chrome and I also do not see any buttons or widgets in the HTML code:
- has a non-specific relationship to
MDLSITE-5572 Button "Mark as up-to-date" in AMOS Translator not present in firefox.