Affects Version/s: 2.9
Fix Version/s: 2.9
Component/s: Book add-on
- Add audios and/or videos to a page, book or inline resource.
- Check that you can play them in the app in offline.
Pull Master Diff URL:
There was a report on the forum that some audio files cannot be played from the app. We were given access to the module on the real site and I could identify the following set-up:
- Audio files were added to my private files (size usually less than 2MB)
- Those files were added to the book as an alias/shortcut (5 files)
- They are added to the content as links (5 links)
- The filter 'Multimedia plugins' is enabled
When previewing the content in the app:
- Some audio files are displayed as an HTML5 player
- Some audio files are displayed as link
- Those two last ones, the only thing else I can notice is that the file names contain underscores
- On the live site they are displayed with the Flash player
- The audio files displayed as links can be opened and played
- The audio files in the media player are not played
I am guessing that mm-external-content does not account for content that was converted to a player. We should either support it, or disable the HTML5 player(s).
Reported here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=317695