We're trying to let users to register and login our moodle site with their pop3 credentials on the mobile application without requiring any user actions on the moodle web site (mobile only experience).
The mobile application successfully authenticates users with pop3 credentials and the moodle appears to create new user records when the information is entered the first time. But, the mobile application does not provide any additional steps (which is requested on the web interface) just after the first authentication to complete user registration (for required profile fields "first name, last name and email").
steps to reproduce:
- enable "pop3 server" plugin at "Manage authentication" screen
- enter "pop3 server", "pop3 server address", "server type" and "server port" fields for "pop3 server" plugin
- open moodle mobile application and add moodle site
- enter pop3 credentials, the application authenticates user and shows the main interface
- try to enrol pop3 user on the moodle web interface, notice the missing "name" fields
- list users on the moodle web interface, the mobile pop3 user is listed as empty string
moodle version: Moodle 2.9.1+ (Build: 20150828)
moodle mobile version: 2.0