Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle app'
  1. Moodle app
  2. MOBILE-2247

Multi Language setting ignored on custom menu items

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 3.3.2
    • Fix Version/s: 3.4.0
    • Component/s: Android
    • Labels:
    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide
      1. Login in Moodle web as admin and go to Site administration > Mobile app > Mobile features.
      2. In custom menu items, add 2 items with different URL. Set as language: "en_only" and "es_only".
      3. In the app, set English as language and check that you see the English entry but not the Spanish one.
      4. Now set Spanish as language and check that you see the Spanish entry but not the English one.
      5. Now set any other language and check that you don't see any of the entries.
      Show
      Login in Moodle web as admin and go to Site administration > Mobile app > Mobile features. In custom menu items, add 2 items with different URL. Set as language: "en_only" and "es_only". In the app, set English as language and check that you see the English entry but not the Spanish one. Now set Spanish as language and check that you see the Spanish entry but not the English one. Now set any other language and check that you don't see any of the entries.
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_33_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_34_STABLE
    • Sprint:
      Moodle Mobile 3.4.0

      Description

      Custom menu items in mobile features don't always respect the language setting.  The inconsistency I am experiencing seems to correlate to the link URL.

       
      Take the provided example on the settings page:

      App help|https://someurl.xyz/help|inappbrowser
      My grades|https://someurl.xyz/local/mygrades/index.php|embedded|en
      Mis calificaciones|https://someurl.xyz/local/mygrades/index.php|embedded|es

      These work properly if you enter them in as is, but if you cut out 'index.php' the mobile app will stop respecting the language setting; in addition; in some cases it will also effect other items nearby in the list.
       
      Here is another example:  In this one I added extra items to the provided list and then after 'Mis calificaciones' I removed 'index.php'   
      With this change in place 'Mis calificaciones' shows even when language is set to English and if you change to Espanol 'My grades' now appears.
       
      App help|https://someurl.xyz/help|inappbrowser
      My grades|https://someurl.xyz/local/mygrades/index.php|embedded|en
      Mis calificaciones|https://someurl.xyz/local/mygrades|embedded|es
      Espanol Menu|https://someurl.xyz/local/mygrades/index.php|inappbrowser|es
      English2|https://someurl.xyz/local/mygrades/index.php|inappbrowser|en
       

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            Assignee:
            dpalou Dani Palou
            Reporter:
            robert.bellamy Robert Bellamy
            Peer reviewer:
            Pau Ferrer
            Integrator:
            Juan Leyva
            Tester:
            Berta Maroto
            Participants:
            Component watchers:
            Juan Leyva
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            5 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:
              Fix Release Date:
              30/Nov/17