Some courses take a considerable amount of time to download, especially where there is SCORM content, or a substantial amount of activities present.
- In Moodle go to Site Administration
>Development -- > Make test course
- Select a 'S (10MB)' course to create for testing
- Enrol a test user on the course
- Access Moodle VIA the app
- On the test course select 'Download course'
- Note that the initial check takes 40~ seconds before the download prompt appears
- After confirming the download note that the download takes approximately 3 minutes
I've received the same results regardless of network environments, even with both Moodle and the app running locally. The times above are the results of my local testing.
What was expected:
If I am a learner accessing content, given that I confirmed a 10MB download I expect the download to be completed quickly when using a good network. Or perhaps at least feedback beyond the spinner to highlight progression through activities (i.e. 11/24 activities downloaded)
The download is slow and there is no feedback to the user beyond the spinner.