Eventually, this issue could be split into smaller ones given the magnitude of the task.
The documentation has been reviewed recently, but given how big the one about plugins was, the review hasn't been exhaustive.
This are some of the things that are still pending:
- Replace the "step by step" example with a tutorial to implement a new plugin, instead of updating one from Remote addons.
- Review information hierarchy (for example, it may be better to collocate delegate options with the description of what each delegate does).
- Provide comprehensive documentation of APIs that are available in plugins. Ideally, this could be generated automatically from the app using inline docs. A typings package for TypeScript could also help with this. If we don't do any of that, at least we should add something similar to this reply in the forum.
- Review Creating mobile question types and Creating mobile course formats.
- Review all code samples.
- Document common use cases:
- Uploading files from a plugin (related forum posts: How to develop a plugin with file upload support ? and Taking a Picture / File Upload from Moodle App in custom plugin).
- Working with forms.